Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Disclaimer

People ask me every day how I retired at the age of 28. It was quite the journey to say the least. Or maybe roller coaster is a better term. Yes, that's the one. Ups and downs, flips and turns and a certain euphoria faced with destruction. Demise. Torturous exhaustion. First and foremost, I find it appropriate to tell you that no aircraft or its passengers were ever in harms way while under my control. At least not due to my being a mental case- but that is where this discussion stays. There is a very good reason why there are rules in place for people with an illness such as mine and I suspect you, as the flying public, would tend to agree. This isn't just about my job. It's about my life and how I managed my disease. Maybe to give people like me hope. Maybe to give others something to laugh about, maybe for plain entertainment. Who knows? What I do know is that it is better to be out there in the open rather than floating around in my head. Perhaps not necessarily "out there" for the public to read, but as that is my transmittal of choice, "out there" is how it shall be. It is important for you to understand that this is about MY disease and although a diagnosis often comes with similarities among a group of suffering individuals, I do not claim to be a medical professional by any means and my interpretations are just that, mine. As these are my experiences of my own symptoms, do not take it upon yourself to diagnose based off of what you read here. With that said, you can expect to be wooed by topics such as Bipolar and Parenting, Bipolar and "Marriage" (quotations quite necessary in my case and to be discussed in respective blogs), Bipolar and Pregnancy, Bipolar and everything from daily tasks to the inevitable pharmaceutical pleasantries. So again you ask, how did I retire at the age of 28? Simple, I suppose. Hours of sheer boredom followed by moments of sheer terror.

No comments:

Post a Comment